Welcome to Principia Cybernetica Web
This is the website of the Principia Cybernetica Project (PCP), an international organization. The Project aims to develop a complete philosophy or "world-view", based on the principles of evolutionary cybernetics, and supported by collaborative computer technologies. To get started, there is an introduction with background and motivation, and an overview, summarizing the project as a whole.
- our theoretical results, including epistemology, metaphysics, ethics, concepts, principles, memetics, and the history and future of evolution.
- details the people, conferences, publications, ways of participating, newsletter and the mailing lists part of PCP.
- our algorithms, experiments and applications to develop distributed, self-organizing, knowledge networks, inspired by the "Global Brain" metaphor
- background material collected by us, including an electronic library with free books, a web dictionary, related websites, and info about cybernetics and systems theory, such as bibliographies, associations, and journals.
tools to help you to quickly find your way around our over two thousand pages, such as the Recent Changes, Search, Table of Contents, and Index, plus general information about this website and how to use it.
- Other Info
this server also hosts some pages that are not part of PCP: the Association for the Foundations of Science, Language and Cognition (AFOS), and Belgium: Overview
Copyright© 2002 Principia Cybernetica -
Referencing this page
31 okt 2002 (modified)
Jul 8, 1993 (created)
- Abstract Urbanism(tm), Comment by Tore Wallin
- Comment about the project, Comment by Gustavo Seijo
- Where are we ?, Correction by Michael Grudzinski
- My book about law, systems and cibernetics, Comment by ernesto grun
- The First Book of System Design, Illustration by Barry Kort
- Challenge the Philosophy, Comment by Anne Johnson
- Congratulations, Comment by Irene Paritsis
- Is the project still alive?, Comment by Alex Kouznetsov
- great site, but, Comment by eric hinton
- Evolution still speed-up, Comment by Mike Soukharev
- A few questions..., Comment by Le Roux Ronan
- The Random Feature, Comment by Ben Swihart
- Jaron Lanier: The ideology of cybernetic totalist intellectuals, Comment by Miguel Marcos
- GB Neuron Degradation, Comment by WILLIAM MEYER
- Discovery of the Universal Law, Comment by valko yotov
- Notes on Infinity, Comment by Erdman West
- De evolutie van de democratie, Illustration by Wiebe de Jager
- There is no meaning..., Comment by No such thing